Friday, May 8, 2009

I begin to wite with a Parker

Gifts are inseparable things in our course of life and demarcate some definite points in the time axis. It starts with baby shower , at a time when we were not even identifying things around and end with fragrance and flowers over the coffin.

Throughout my life I received only a few gifts all counts to me.

The very first gift as I can remember was from my uncle who worked in the capital city. He gifted me with some Cadbury's chocolates [The only chocolate brand available or known at that time]. Still my taste buds has the sensation of stickiness and sweetness of that brown yummy squares. I still remember the golden inner foil and blue and white glassy wrapper.

I used to pester a shop keeper near by my school to get that candy bar once again. He assured me he will order for me and i can get it in next two days or so. But that day didnt come. In the hope of getting my favorite item I used to ran to the shop and came back to utmost despair. The shop keeper wanted to make me visit his shop every day. The very idea of business. His tactics worked on me as I satisfied with the local candies in his shop

Recently my assignment came to an end and for my great surprise my colleagues arranged a short get together in the board room. It was a surprise as we dont have the habit of telling good bye. I began to feel special as as I am the first to get such a privilege. Mr AS urged for an applause for the commendable stint of mine in the assignment. At the end I was gifted with a Parker pen. As I like to write long and lengthy it was really a great gift for me. To write with that mighty pen I bought a new book and started scribbling odds and evens codes to formulae shutting tight the windows in my own world...

Yes thats how this blog is born

No comments:

Post a Comment