Monday, May 11, 2009

The BloodSpots

"The mother and child has the same age...A mother is born when child is born". Before that she is a woman a wife a daughter or all together.

Staying quite far away from my home I really missed the eternal love and care. Especially on the Mothers day.

I got my first rented flat in the city I work with a lot of struggle and appeasement starting from the broker to the landlord to the local post man. (It is worthy to share that if you go for a new gas connection, the agency will post the receipt by ordinary post and you must be there in the home to receive that. No matter you have business, job or what ever. If you need a gas connection you have to wait in the flat for the affidavit to come. Other wise bribe the post man to keep it with him and collect from him at your convenience).

It happened on a Friday in last winter, a day much colder.

By that time I Have been in rhythm with my official responsibilities and personal life. I restarted reading made some plans for upgrading myself. The flat I lived was on the fourth floor which contained 6 similar units.

I headed for home later than usual on that day because of the week end routine tests and pending work load.

As I approached the building , I did see people lingering around, against normal course I have seen some women also out side. I got disturbed by the peeks and stares I received on the way.
Ignoring them I moved forward and reached the common area up in the fourth floor. To my utmost surprise I noticed two police men !!. In bewilderment I asked them "AAP log yehamm ??" they revealed me that a murder a cold blooded murder happened just a door step away from my home. I received the news with a shock. My next door neighbor slaughtered her daughter- in-law. She ended the story of a pretty bride, a wannabe mother a beautiful wife with a kitchen knife. In the pale yellow light of Sodium vapor lamp I could still see the blood stains over the floor...

On regaining my presence a reel of images flashed through my mind... Yes I had seen her in the morning fetching milk from the milk man. She would have made tea and served to her mother in law and husband..... The day I got introduced with the couple, he worked for a MNC and owned a beautiful Sedan. the exchange of smile if we came across the way.....

I never heard a news that a man or women got killed for food. They getting killed for some other reasons , some reason that is mysterious to me. Rather my wisdom is not robust to unravel it.

I cannot define the mother there.....

All these made me recite once again "!NCREDIBLE !NDIA"

2 comments:

  1. Indian tradition is actually suicide.180 degree turned suicide is murder.Now we are also getting westernised.Coilation aganist gun violence says approximately 12000 peopled are gunned every year in USA.Its only when 32 people are killed by one man it catch the attention of the media.So be happy that we are also cathing up with the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment. Yes it is a matter of pride that we are catching up.

    ReplyDelete